Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Turkey Pokey

Our Thanksgiving started out with Calista performing a really cute Turkey Pokey.  The parents weren't notified until the day before so sadly I wasn't able to attend.  But because it was also a Japanese Holiday Bob was taking the afternoon off to watch Beatrix and was able to see the Turkey dance.  He showed a video of it to me.  It was pretty cute.  Now I just need to figure out how to throw away this Turkey costume without Calista noticing.  She is totally done playing with it, but if she sees it in the garbage she will then want to play with it.  Maybe I'll give it another week or two.

Bob and I both usually work on all the Japanese Holidays so Beatrix has gone to work with Bob a few times now.  I watch her until I need to work, around 11, and Bob brings her to work with him or takes a half day off.  Apparently all the coworkers love her and someone even brought her a pink hard hat and glasses.  She was thrilled.  I'm grateful that Bob's boss is supportive of Bob bringing her to work once in a while.
We finally got a chance to set up the tree.  Bob and the kids did most of the decorations while I was out of town, but I wanted to help with the tree.  This is the biggest house we have ever lived in and so I feel like we could use some more decorations, or even a second tree.  We are going to leave things how they are though.  There is a good chance we will be in a much smaller place next Christmas.
On Saturday we met with the branch and played flag football.  While waiting for the food to arrive a friend taught us how to hang sideways on a stop sign.  It is difficult, but I was also able to do it.  Tucker held it much longer than I could.
Bob and I also sat down and ordered the kids Christmas presents online.  All except for one say they will be here on time for the big day.  Maybe we will get lucky this year and all the presents will arrive early.

No comments: