Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Costumes

Happy Halloween!

This year we got most of the kids costumes from Good Will.     We are a Zoo Family.  Bob and I are zoo keepers and all the kids are animals.  I borrowed mine, Bob's, and Penelope's costumes so it was really easy.  I didn't put nearly as much effort into it as last year, but I still love how it turned out.  So If you need a fun and easy family theme halloween costume idea you could always do zoo animals.  I even joked about Bob also being an animal and me being the lone zoo keeper, but I'm pretty sure I would be a bad zoo keeper on my own and the animals would all escape.

Tucker loves his costume.  He found this monkey costume that he really wanted and because it wasn't bloody and it looked warm I went ahead and let him get it.
Penelope doesn't love her costume because it falls over her face and she really just wanted to be a princess.  I think it is cute though and it will keep her warm.  Sometimes you just have to go with the family theme.  I try to make sure next year she gets to be something she really wants. And I'm going to let her wear her princess dress earlier in the day to her dance class and to the library trick-or-treat.

Scarlett also loves her Lady Bug costume but she keeps taking the wings off.  She is the only one I will have to worry about getting cold.  She found it at good will the same time Tucker got his.
Leon thinks his horse costume is fun.  Whenever I try to take it off he keeps trying to put it back on.  Part of me thinks he just loves everyone's reactions to him when he wears it.  We all just smile at him and so he smiles back and thinks it is fun. 
His works out well because sometimes he gets down on the floor and then the costume just looks that much funnier.

I love Halloween and am excited to take the kids trick-or-treating.

1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

Cute! We never do family themes - maybe we'll have to try it sometime. Looks fun!