Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Beatrix 2 Months

Two months!  Yay!  
The last couple of weeks I've been able to notice a big change in Beatrix.  She really is starting to feel less like a newborn and more just like a baby.  One of the biggest changes is that we have been able to get her on a schedule of sorts.
She doesn't follow it exactly, but I've been trying to feed her at the same times every day and put her down for naps at consistent times.  She basically eats every three hours, is awake for an hour, then goes down for a nap.  Eat, play, sleep, eat, play, sleep...
It is much easier for me because I put her down to nap in her "bed" (pack and play in our closet and then I have a little bit of time to get things done before I need to feed her again.
The first week of trying to be more consistent went pretty poorly.  But the next two weeks it started to get better.  The hardest part was getting her to sleep during the sleep times, and she really started getting the hang of it.  I think consistency is key!  Always putting her down in the same place at the same times was most helpful in getting her to learn to sleep without being held.
We sure do love her.

No comments: