Friday, April 5, 2019

Leon's 6th Birthday

Leon chose to go out to our favorite curry restaurant for his birthday this year.  It was perfect because it is close enough to ride our bikes to and he choose for me to go with him instead of Bob making it possible for us to go for lunch.  We have been so busy between Bob's work and the baby, I'm not sure we would have been able to squeeze in time for anything else.
Leon is so low maintenance and easy going he is really fun to hang out with.  He ordered his favorite cheese naan.  I had Beatrix with me on the carrier the whole time and she slept through it all.  I don't think Leon even noticed that she snuck along on his birthday meal.
After lunch I finished up his birthday cake.  Every year I like to choose some sort of character that they like and base a cake around it.  Leon isn't really into anything specific so I just tried to think of something he would really like.  This cake was perfect.  He said it was his favorite one yet. 
For dinner he requested pizza, which everyone was really excited about.  After Bob came home we ate, opened presents, and had cake and ice cream. 
Along with what to eat this year we are letting the kids pick one place they want to go.  Leon first kept saying he wanted to go to the Onsen (naked bath house) with Bob.  They went once before and had a good time.  But last minute he changed his mind and said he wanted to stay up late and play wii with Bob.  He was really excited about the whole thing.  And I just kept think how easy Leon is to please.

No comments: