Wednesday, June 19, 2019

School's Out

For our last day of school/first day of summer we decided to go to the bike park.  This is a super fun city park just a couple miles away from our house.  It is basically a few model streets with lanes and traffic lights and bikes for the kids to use and ride around the park on.  Japan is big on rules, so even at this children's park the kids are expected to follow all traffic laws.  If you run a red light or ride on the wrong side of the road they will come and stop you.  I got talked to a few times, which was funny to me because we were the only ones there.  The employee didn't like that I was pushing Calista on her tricycle on the "road" instead of the sidewalk.  Then later I was pushing her in the "learn to ride area." No one was in there learning to ride so I thought it would be fine, but nope that wasn't the designated tricycle area.
 Later friends came, which always makes things more fun.



 I love the Japanese style bikes.
 Afterwards we hit up the Japanese drug store.  I really liked my cart, it was so easy and smooth to push.  Plus it had two baskets for me and a Hello Kitty car for Calista and it was still relatively small.
 Calista has decided to take her diaper off all the time.  Like, I get her up from bed and her diaper is off and there is pee everywhere.  Or I turn around and she is just running around the house with no clothes or diaper on.  So to solve this problem I went and got Japanese diapers.  So far it has been working really well.  Their diapers don't have the side straps like American diapers.  They look more like pull ups.  What Calista hasn't figured out yet is that the sides actually rip off, if you do it right.  So far she keeps them on.  I think undoing the straps was really fun for her.

While at the store we needed to get some candy eel to try.  It was pretty good.
 Another one of our neighbors is tearing down their house!
 We went home for lunch and then headed back out to the movies.
 We saw Aladdin.  I think everyone enjoyed it.
 Calista was hard to keep quiet, but it was manageable.
I'm excited for summer!

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Calista or Beatrix was hard to keep quiet.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doranda said...

Calista was the one being difficult! She did not want to stay in her seat and she kept talking loudly the whole time.