Sunday, February 14, 2021

Beatrix's 2nd Birthday

My baby is officially two!  She no longer crawls around the house climbing into kitchen and bathroom drawers to then wait quietly, while sucking her two middle fingers, for someone to find her.  Now she runs circles in the house, follows Calista around, and finds things to get into.
We didn't really do much to celebrate aside from cake and ice cream, but she was happy with that.  It is hard in the wintertime during a pandemic to find things to do with a two year old.  She honestly didn't know what her birthday was but she was thrilled with the ice cream.  

Beatrix is still a rather quiet child.  She will scream when she feels it necessary, but for the most part she is pretty low key.  She is timid at first and a little slow to warm up around new people and places.  I think she likes that she can watch Calista do things first and then decide if she wants to copy her or not. 
Beatrix is back to sleeping in a pack-n-play in my closet.  We attempted for at least a month to have to sleep in the same room as Calista but it just wasn't working.  Beatrix kept coming out of the room over and over again each night.  She was loving that new found freedom of sleeping on a bed instead of a pack-n-play.  She and Calista would also wake each other up every morning.  I had hoped that even if they woke up early they would then play with each other quietly for a bit, but it didn't work.  It really ended up with them getting up earlier and earlier.  Calista claimed that Beatrix kept getting her in the night.  I'm not sure how true that was but either way she is back in the closet for now.
Beatrix now gets to wear the added accessory of duct tape on her diapers.  A friend told me this idea and it has been a life saver.  Beatrix was taking her diaper off ALL. THE. TIME.  It was such a pain.  Literally every time she pooped she would then take her diaper off before I noticed.  Leaving her to run around covered in poop and also a messy diaper somewhere around the house.  I literally kept finding random poop on my floor.  Beatrix would also take her diaper off for no reason and then sometimes randomly pee.  I am very happy with the duct tape fix.  
Beatrix likes to sit on my lap and quietly watch whatever is going on.  She likes to throw her body over whatever school text I'm trying to read to the kids for homeschool, effectively stopping me and forcing me to pay attention to her.  She likes most food and all sweets.
Beatrix dislikes her carseat and getting buckled in the car, having her nails clipped by me, she wants to do it herself, and whenever I try to sing a child's nursery rhyme with hand motions.  She used to really like that but lately she has decided it is more fun to hold my hands down and try to stop me from singing, while shouting NO.
Beatrix says the same few words she has been saying for a while now.  She is getting better at imitating noises and our tone.  I think she will explode with tons of words in the next few months.  We will see though.
I made a cute fruit loop cake for her birthday.  I think it turned out cute and she only managed to pull off and eat one fruit loop while I was taking this picture.
Happy Birthday Beatrix!

No comments: