Saturday, February 27, 2021

Nagano Snow

We finally made it to Nagano!  I say finally because it has been on my list of places to go ever since since we first got to Japan.  Three and a half years later and we finally made it.  Our original plan had to get pushed back  a couple weeks because of COVID.  That was disappointing, but I'm so glad we got to go.
We didn't get any snow this year and the kids loved to play in it.  I think that was definitely the highlight of the trip for the kids.
We had a hard time finding a cheap, close, hotel that will take 8 people hotel we liked, so we decided to make one long crazy day out of it and left very early in the morning and got home at night.  The kids all said it was worth the 11 hour total drive.  






The main reason to go for me was to see the snow monkeys.  I'll post more about them next time.
Once we got on path to the monkeys Calista was so slow.  She just wanted to play in the snow so badly it was hard to get her to keep walking.  Bob was also stressed that she was going to slip off the edge of the path and roll down the hill.  I think the walk took us twice as long as most people, but that was half the fun.

Beatrix wanted out of the carrier, so she started to get upset.  
Calista was slow enough that the girls had time to make a small snowman before Calista caught up to them.
I found a new man hole cover!  The apples reminded me of Washington.  Too bad we rarely eat apples anymore.  They are pretty expensive at the commissary so we go for applesauce now instead.


No comments: