Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Solids

We had Penelope try solid food for the first time on Sunday.

Obviously she was not very interested. She will be 6 months on the 21st and they say to start her between 4 and 6 months. I will keep trying, but I don't think she really needs it if she doesn't want it.




Things will be much easier for me once she starts eating solids. It will be nice when I can leave her for a three hours and know that if she is hungry someone else can feed her. She actually went on a little nursing strike today. Anyone who has experienced this will know how frustrating it can be. I fed her at 9 this morning and I couldn't get her to eat again until just after 4. Every time I tried she just screamed like I was hurting her or something. I think she was doing it either because she was gassy or because her gums were hurting her. I did put orajel on her about 15 minutes before she actually ate and she also farted, so I guess I will never know which was bothering her. The wonders of being a mother. :-) Ok, I will stop now because everyone who is reading this who doesn't have kids is probably weirded out.

No comments: