Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Woestman Family Reunion

Last week we flew to Whamplers Lake in Michigan for a Woestman family reunion.  Tucker was so excited to go on the plane.  And he did pretty well on it.  It was just hard to keep him occupied for the flight.  For some reason it only took a 3 and a half hour plane ride to get there but a 5 hour plane ride to get back.  On the way there he fell asleep just as the plane landed, and on the way back he didn't sleep at all.  Needless to say it is hard traveling with a three-year-old and a 10 month old .
We had a great time once we got there.  Bob's parents rented a lake house and his uncle let us use his boats and kayaks. We spent most of our time out on the water or sitting in a circle around the campfire.  They set up a volleyball net and everything.  I had to squeeze in geocaching also.  It is a goal of of mine to get a geocache whenever we go on vaca.
Here is a picture of all the siblings, their spouses and children, and Mom and Dad Woestman. Each family is wearing a different color, we are the gray stripes.  Unfortunately we didn't get a picture of everyone, which also included cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmas.
We did manage to get all the cousins to take a picture together.  Although it was the last day and Tucker's eyes are puffy because he was so worn out.  He was very busy all week. 
At first Tucker was kind of scared to go into the water but by the second day he warmed right up.  He wanted to be in the water all the time.  And he cried almost every time we made him get out.
He thought the water was so fun.  He went around pretending to be a shark.
Penelope on the other hand did not really like the water.  She had a hard time adjusting to all the new people.  Bob and I took turns holding her most of the time.  We couldn't really put her down without her screaming.  Although, a couple of times when Bob and I went out on the boat or went jogging she did go to Grandma or some of her other aunts and uncles.    I think nights were tough for all the kids because they weren't used to sleeping in the same room with their sibling.  And I think the heat might have been hard for my kids also.  It was so humid there!  That was probably the hardest thing for me.  I am not used to that kind of weather.  I don't know if I could ever live somewhere that is so hot and sticky.  Maybe if we had AC and lived on a lake, but that would probably be the only way.
I love love loved going out on the boat though.  The water was so warm there.  Totally different than any of the lakes around here.  We went water skiing almost everyday.  We also did tubing and Bob did knee boarding too.  I think the tubing was my favorite but Bob, definitely prefers the skiing.
He loves it.  Bob has no problem jumping the wake letting go of the rope, or slaloming (one skii).  I on the other hand don't really even like going over the wake and totally biffed it every time I tried to drop a skii.

Make sure you watch this video to the end so you can see me fall.  This is not a video of either of our best runs, but it is the one that I videoed.


I don't think I could count the number of times Tucker jumped into the water.


Tucker loved swimming.

Besides playing Wipeout (you know like the show, we made a short water obstacle course) I really liked the family talent show we did.

Thanks everyone for setting up such a great week with family.

2 comments:

KariMarie said...

Oh my goodness, looks so much!!! Totally makes me want to head to the water.

The Abel family said...

How fun! I can't believe how big Bob's family has gotten. The last time I them, no one even had kids and some of them weren't married.