Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween decorations

Between conference sessions yesterday I decided to get out the Halloween decorations. Bob and I are in the habit of buying decorations after the holiday is done so we can get them for 75% or sometimes even 90% off.  The cool thing about it was that this year when I got out the decorations we had a bunch of new ones that I had forgotten about and we bought them for next to nothing.  Tucker loves the decorations, and he was helping me put them up yesterday. Penelope on the other hand was indifferent.

I think Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I love dressing up and decorating.  There are so many crafts and Halloween recipes I love to make.  Carving pumpkins can be really fun too.  I have been trying to figure out costumes for the family this year but I haven't come up with anything yet.  I want to do a family theme, and I am not against making the costumes.  The only thing I am against is spending $20 a costume.  That would be $80 for each of us to get a new one.  So I am seeing if anyone has a costume I can borrow for Tucker and/or Penelope and then going from there. I know we still have a while, but Tucker thinks he is going to be Wolverine and as soon as I can tell him what he is really going to be he hopefully won't be as upset.

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Cute decorations! I love Halloween too. It's definitely one of my favorite holidays. I do the same thing you do, I buy decorations after the holiday and I always forget what I bought and I get so excited the next year when I open my decorations box and find all sorts of new decorations! So fun! Well your house looks great and good luck finding costumes!

KariMarie said...

That is a good idea to buy the decorations at the end of the season. I forgot that I got rid of some last year because they have been taped and retaped and couldn't be handled any more. Is the skeleton in the front or back yard?