Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nap Time?

Nap time at our house has somehow changed into 'play time.'  The Penelope doesn't wait for me to leave the room before she gets out of her bed and starts to play.  It is not like my kids don't need a nap.  After they do go to sleep the usually sleep a good two hours.  The problem is just getting them to lay in bed and try to sleep.  So how do you get a two-year-old to take a nap?  How do you get a 4-year-old to fall alseep?  Don't ask me.  I have no clue.  I just put the kids in bed then go up about a half an hour later and tell them to get back in bed. Then again, then the next time I tell them they are getting time outs for not sleeping.  Then, sometimes I separate them, and eventually they fall asleep. 
This is how I found them after their naps yesterday.  The room was torn apart and Tucker had something going on on his head.
Actually he has Penelope's swimming suit on his head and you can't see it, but her socks on his hands.
Penelope never sleeps without her blanket.  Scratch that, Penelope never does anything without her blanket.

How is nap time at your house?

3 comments:

Lorraine Butler said...

Tucker's photo is priceless!

Naptime at my house is wonderful; I highly recommend it when the kids have grown up, it's a whole different experience.

Michael and Denise said...

Samantha and Laura read books in bed before they fall asleep. I have no idea how long they actually "sleep" during their nap, but they are quiet in their room for 2-3 hours, so that works for me.

KariMarie said...

Oh My Gosh! That picture of Tucker is hilarious!!! Our nap times here are easy, most of the time...I mean my 5 year old still naps. Sorry no advice on my end.