1 6" 2x2
1 5" 2x2
1 3/4" x 2 1/2" thin piece of wood
2 doll head/knob 11/2"
1 3/8" button plug
blue and yellow paper clips or wire and star
hot glue gun
1. Sand your blocks if necessary and then paint the wood whatever colors you like. The wait for the paint to dry. I redid my red a darker red because it was a little too patriotic.
2. Sand the edges for a distressed look.
3. Hot glue your heads on.
4. Glue baby Jesus in place.
5. Tie the twine on and glue it there. I started with about a 2' piece, wrapped it around twice, tied a bow then cut the ends off.
6. Put your star up. If using paperclips unbend them, cut the yellow one and glue it into a star shape then glue it to the blue one and hot glue the whole thing onto the back.