Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sick Again

Two nights ago was probably the worst night of my life that I can remember.  Penelope was throwing up a night before that but she was acting fine during the day.  On Thursday I felt fine in the morning and since Penelope was acting fine we decided to go to the Cincinnati Aquarium.  It was really neat and fun until I started feeling sick.  I noticed that Penelope was also getting tired so we started to look through the aquarium a little faster.  Tucker was loving it so i didn't want to rush him.  I thought the fish smell and walking through the glass tunnels with fish swimming above and on the sides of me was what was making me not feel good.  Anyway we stopped at Rally's on the way home and i couldn't eat my burger.  that is when i realized that I might actually be getting sick.  We put penelope in bed once we got to the house and i fell asleep on the couch.  About an hour latter i woke up and started throwing up everything I had in my system.  From that point on i only left the couch to throw up and go to the bathroom.  i felt so horrible.  Penelope was also throwing up more.  I got a blessing and bob had to get me small sips of water and continually wash out my thow up bucket.  I thought there was no way I was going to be able to make my 9 am flight since I couldn't even walk upstairs to my bed let alone get dressed or pack.  Bob said the airline wouldn't change the ticket and my heart pounded every time I tried thinking about how I was going to get home.  It was the worst night.

Bob woke up early and packed up everything.  He then got the kids ready.  Then he helped me get my shoes, coat, and bucket and walk out to the car.  It was seriously a miracle we made it through the airport.  I felt like a  zombie running on absolutely no calories.  I focused all my energy on not throwing up and on getting better and luckily I didn't throw up at all on the flight.  I actually haven't thrown up since last night.  I left taking care of the kids, carrying all 8 carry ons and our coats and basically everything to bob for our trip through the airport and flight.  I seriously just left all my stuff with bob even my shoes and walked through the security gate then sat down on a bench for about 5 minutes trying not to puke while bob figured everything else out.  On top of all of this penelope threw up at least 10 times on the plane.  We used all the throw up bags in ours and tuckers row and had to ask the flight attendant for more.  She was not doing well.  I was able to take a nap and by the time we got to my parents house I was feeling considerably better.  

I feel back to normal now but I am keeping some distance from people because I don't want to get anyone sick.  Bob and Tucker still feel fine and I really hope they don't get it because it was pretty bad.  Penelope did throw up once in the middle of the night last night but she is acting fine now.  I also heard that someone else we were with in Ohio is now throwing up.  So i hope he is also feeling better.


DerrK said...

Oh man, that makes me sick thinking about it. LOL Thank you so much for making the effort to take pics today.

Voices of the Graves said...

Oh man that's not the way to end a vacation. Hope no one else gets in in your family. Glad your feeling better.