Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bob's Birthday!

Happy New Year!  Did everyone have fun partying last night?  We had a good time, and now I want to get together with the kids and talk about how we can be even better this year than last.  But for now I want to talk about Bob's birthday.

On the 22nd of last month he turned the big 30.  We didn't do to much on the actual day because we went snowboarding the week before for his present.  This year his birthday fell on a Sunday so we just hung out and went to church.  The kids and I made him breakfast and instead of cake Bob wanted a strawberry pie.  I attempted it but it didn't turn out great.

Now that Bob has had over a week to get used to his new age I asked him: "How does it feel to be 30?" And he replied with "Old... no not really.  I am probably in better shape than I was when I was 25, no wait I am in better shape then when I was 25 or 26 or 27.  Seriously I would say busy, it just feels busy.  I actually forgot about it until you just asked me. Stop asking me because it reminds me I'm an old man... wait are you typing this?"

When I first started this post I wanted to go back through our pictures and post older ones of him so we could see what he looked like when we first got married.  But I don't have those pictures on my current computer so I gave up on that.  These are the pictures I took of Bob on our street on his birthday.
Bob is such a great husband and father.  I know it sounds cliché but I seriously I feel really lucky to have him.  My life has changed drastically for the better since we met.  For his birthday I made him a list of 30 reason why I love him (like I do every year) and I won't share them all with you but here are a couple reason why I love Bob:

He is always happy/optimistic.
He plays "tiger" with the kids.
He turns the tv off at night when I am sleeping.
He gets excited whenever he gets a package in the mail.
He thinks he can do anything (and he probably can).
He is good at the guitar.
And lastly because he turned 30 before me!

I know there are a couple things Bob wanted to do before he turned 30 that he hasn't done yet, like be a millionaire/rockstar who can stay home everyday and never has to go to work.  But I think it is amazing what he has done and I wanted to post a picture of our family on his Birthday.
Happy Birthday Bob!

Don't forget to go Here and enter the $25 gift card giveaway!

1 comment:

Stylishly in love said...

What a beautiful family picture. Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Love,
Sofia

stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com