Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Richland, WA

For about a month now I've wanted to move to the tri-cities.  Bob doesn't have a job there or anything, I just think it seems like a nice place to live.  That and there are possible jobs opportunities there.  Our 1,200 square foot house that we have now is feeling small.  I'm not complaining, I love our house and fell lucky to have a house.  But, it feels a lot different now that we have four kids then it did when we moved in with only one-year-old Tucker.

I was thinking about moving to a bigger house, and realized that I can get a lot more house in a different area.  The Puget sound has really high house prices.  And I love how Richland is cheaper, has a large lds population, has good schools, and very low crime.  Nothing is set.  Right now it is just an idea so on our way home from Spokane we drove around Richland to check it out.
Their temple is small but pretty!  I just love that they have a temple.  Right now we are about an hour and a half away from the Seattle temple.
After going there I realized that it looks very different from what I'm used to.  There aren't a lot of trees so you can see so much at the same time.  That would definitely be hard for me to get used to, if it comes down to it.
We even got snowed on while we were there.  Do any readers live in the Tri-Cities?  Anyone have any opinions or advice about raising a family there?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I agree 100% with everything you said. Haha, I've been trying to convince Bret we need to move for a very long time. I don't know what it is about the Pudget Sound but pretty much anywhere else has better housing prices and weather. Other cities are taken care of better also with real bikes lanes and sidewalks. And you will love not having all the trees in the way. I love wide open spaces, but that probably has something to do with the fact I grew up in Iowa.

Bree said...

I have lived in the tri cities for a few months now and my husband and I love it! I definitely agree that it seems to be like a great place to raise a family!

Talitha said...

I heard it's windy, but that's about all I know. And it's further from me :(

KariMarie said...

I've lived here my whole life and have never made it over there. Well, driving past it on vacations . . . isn't saying much. My curiosity is now peaked.

me said...

I am friends with Kari Derr and came across your blog through hers. We live in Ellensburg and the Columbia River temple is our district. I have spent quite a bit of time in Richland and the Tri-Cities and I really like it. I have several friends from here that have moved there. That is just my 2 cents.