Thursday, November 19, 2015

San Diego Zoo


Since we live within walking distance to Balboa park and because we really wanted to we got a San Diego zoo membership.  What better way to homeschool than to go to the zoo at least once a week?
It has been so great to just go for a few hours in the morning.  Many of the animals are more active in the mornings and we don't have to worry about a school schedule.  We avoid Saturdays and it is never busy.  In the past when we've gone to the zoo it takes all day.  But being so close we just pop over whenever we feel like it.
 Bob hasn't had a chance to go with us yet but he really wants to so maybe next time.
The zoo is pretty big, it is rated the second best zoo in the world!
They also had a skyride I wasn't sure if we would be able to go because they are sticked about the 4 per gondola limit but luckily Tucker is old enough to ride alone.  It was a little weird to send him without me, but I thought I'd better send him first because I didn't want us all to get on and them him chicken out on the other side.  He didn't end up being scared though.  We can ride free with our membership so we went a few times.

Side note: We learned about pulleys in homeschool and this was a perfect way to demonstrate how they work.
I took this view picture from the air.  I love it because you can see the bridge I run across every morning.  Isn't it pretty?  You can also see our condo.  It's small but right downtown.


1 comment:

Shelly @ The Queen in Between said...

Love the San Diego zoo....I just love San Diego. I was actually there this past week for a workshop. The weather is always so perfect.