Wednesday, March 23, 2016

St Patrick's Day Parade

On Saturday the girls marched with their Frontier Troop in the St. Patrick's Day parade.  It was a cute little parade downtown.  There was probably about 30 "floats" and only about 3 blocks of people watching the parade.  We kept marching for another half mile but there weren't really people watching.  I wasn't surprised because everyone I talked to said they never heard of the parade.  It has been going on for 25 years, but no one knows about it.  They need some advertising!
One strange thing was that Scarlett was really nervous about it.  Penelope was telling her it would be fun, but Scarlett kept crying about it.  I have no idea why.  I don't think she really knew what it meant to be in a parade.  Once we got there she had a blast.  They even got their faces painted.


We got to walk through the ferry tunnel.  I thought that was neat because they usually only let cars go through it.  Everyone watching the parade got to follow us through the tunnel as well.

The walls were pretty.

Talitha and David came out to watch the parade and visit Leon on his birthday so we hung out with them for a bit before heading home.  I wish I got a better picture of them with the kids...next time.
And that was our Saturday morning!


No comments: