Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Valentines Day

I know I am super behind, but I am just now getting to post about Valentines day.  With Scarlett in preschool now she was finally able to pass out valentines to her class.  I think she has been looking forward to this day since she saw Tucker first do it years ago.  She worked hard writting her name on the back of all 7 cards.  I think this was the first time she has been able to get the e down.  She spent like half an hour on it.  Normally she only writes the S and C then I help her and she adds on the tt at the end.  After school Scarlett was so nice she shared all her candy with her brothers and sister.  It wasn't until the next day when she was out of candy that she started crying and said she wished she didn't share.
We did a few different heart hairstyles this year but these are the two I took picturse of.

Penelope also spent a long time on her cards.  She probably spent even longer than Scarlett, but she had over 20 cards to do and instead of just signing her name on the back she wrote who they were to as well.
We had a small problem with Penelope's valentines.  When we went to put them into her backpack the morning of I saw little ants on them!  She was upset.  Luckily I had extra starburst so I quickly just ripped off any starburst that had an ant on it and glued news ones on.  She had to take them to school with the glue not dry but she said it worked out ok when she got to class.  Hopefully no one got an ant in their candy.

Bob's parents came out to visit (more on that tomorrow) and they were kind enough to babysit so Bob and I could go out on a date.  We went out to dinner and then to a stake dance.  Not very many people showed up but we had fun.  I even wore one of my actual prom dresses from 10+ years ago and we reminisced about when we went to the youth dances.
We also did a couple small crafts and played some fun valentine themed minute to win it games with the whole family.  We even went to a friends house for a homeschool Valentine party.  It worked out perfectly because I was worried about Tucker missing out on all the school fun on this day.  

I know the holiday is very commercialized but I really enjoy it!

No comments: