Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Tucker's Birthday

Tucker had his whole birthday planned out.  First we decorated his bedroom door and chair.  For breakfast we had cinnamon rolls, once that was done we headed to the park.  After the park we went to the library and then stopped Taco Bell for lunch.  We then came home and took a break, this was the hardest part for him.  I told him he had to wait for dad to get home before we could do any presents.  Once Bob came home he opened presents, then we ate Papa Murphys for dinner and had cake.  He finished off the night by going to cub scouts.

I love having the kids pick out presents for their siblings, even if it means a trip to the dollar store or Good Will to find gifts.
I decided to finally let Tucker read Harry Potter.  He has been begging for a while but I wanted him to wait.  I really wanted him to be able to read it easily so he could enjoy it as much as I did when I read it.  I also wanted him to wait because the series gets kind of dark and goes a little into teen dating and I just didn't think he needed that until he was a bit older.  I'll probably let him read the first two and then I might make him wait for the third.
Bob made Tucker this cool balance board.  All the kids have been loving playing on it.
Tucker requested a reese's ice cream cake.  It turned out way too delicious for me to not eat giant servings of.

Happy Birthday Tucker!

No comments: