Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Umikaze Park and Food Court

Eating at a food court is always fun because we get to try lots of different things.  The kids found the McDonalds equivilant and we ordered way too many chicken nuggets.  We had no idea how many came in an order, so we got two.  One for Penelope and one for Scarlett.  Each bucket had like 20. 
I had my first bowl of ramen.  It's another one of those things I'll have to get used to.  Or maybe I just need to find the right kind.  So far I prefer the top ramen I can make at home for like 20 cents.
Bob got...something.  I'm not sure what to call it but there was rice under the egg thing.

Toy vending machines are really popular out here.  I had to stop and take a picture of this lady trying to get a backpack.  I saw her try again and again.  I've never seen a grown adult seriously try to get something out of a machine like that.
The elementary school kids here all wear matching hats when they go on field trips.  I think it is a genius idea so when we saw them at the store we got some too for our homeschool trips.
And on to the park.


It had this cool hill slide that the kids loved.

Scarlett has the best facial expressions.

Everywhere has put up their Halloween decorations.  It is great!  I wish we had some, but we do not have room for that sort of thing in the hotel.  It is nice to see the decor when we go to the stores.

On a whim I bought cheese wiz.  I haven't had it for years.  I remember once buying it with my own money as a kid and how excited I was.  When I had it the other day it was pretty gross.  We had fun though.  I wrote the kids names on crackers for them.  Leon had to practice the letters.  Then I taught them about the leaning tower of cheesea from the goofy movie and we watched clips on youtube.  If you don't know what I'm talking about then you are missing out.


1 comment:

Swift family said...

Some of those things remind me a lot of Taiwan. That egg/fried rice dish is something that I ate in Taiwan. There was a restaurant in one of my areas that made it that we would always go to. I always thought it was a Chinese thing and it wasn't until just a week or two ago that I looked it up and found out that it is actually a Japanese dish called Omurice.

Also, the toy vending machines were super popular in Taiwan. My favorite was one with live lobster in it. The lobster were swimming in about 9 inches of water at the bottom and you had to use the claw to try to get one out.