Sunday, May 5, 2019

Beatrix's Baby Blessing

Beatrix had her baby blessing a couple weeks ago.  Look how happy she is in her dress with her dad holding her!
It was different not having family here to celebrate with us, that is just part of living in Japan.  We took pictures to commemorate the day.
I kept going back and forth over what she should wear.  We have a beautiful satin dress that Grandma Woestman made and the other three girls all wore it.  When we packed for Japan we didn't anticipate needing it again so we left it in our long term storage.  I thought about Beatrix just wearing a regular dress, but went ahead and bought this one off the internet.  I couldn't find anything here in Japan that I liked.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  I wanted something long sleeved for her to wear.  I always feel bad for little tiny baby arms being exposed.




 I thought it was cute that she was staring at her hand.
I am really thankful that we have the priesthood in our home.  The kids are lucky to have a worthy priesthood holder for a father.  I feel honored to get to raise children here on this earth and I hope that as Beatrix grows she will be happy that she gets to have lots of older siblings to watch out for her.

No comments: