Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Moaborikaigan Pool

We are lucky to have a pool right in our neighborhood.  It is big and fun for the kids but there is a cost and the base one is free so we only go once in a while.  I think one time a summer is enough for me.  This time they definitely did not want to let me in with so many kids.  I'm pretty sure they were discussing it in Japanese and didn't know how to explain to me why I couldn't go in.  After me standing at their window awkwardly for about 5 minutes and the line growing longer and longer behind me I just slipped them  a $100 bill equivalent and hoped they would let us in.  Then she just started putting prices into the register and gave me the change and our tickets.  It was close and I was worried I was going to have six very disappointed children on my hands, not to mention the fact that I invited friends to go with us, some of whom were already inside.
I got in trouble for taking this next picture.  No pictures allowed at the pool.  

Break time!
There was a small pool full of rubber ducks.  I spent ninety percent of my time there with Calista and Beatrix.  Calista loved the duckies.  I tried a couple times to bring her into a different pool so I could chat with my mom friends, but she kept crying going over to the ducky pool without me.  Beatrix was happy as a clam in my water carrier.  She even took a nice nap.  The pool didn't phase her at all.

The older kids were mostly playing in the bigger pools away from me.  They were with friends and having a blast!

See you next year Maborikaigan pool!

No comments: