Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Minimalism

I've been on a minimalism kick lately.  I think I am driving Bob crazy a little bit.  After going though all my clothes and creating this huge pile of things I don't wear I insisted that Bob do the same.  I think capsule wardrobes are really cool and I want to only have the clothes that I actually use and love.  But for me it is a process and I know I still have too many things.
Wouldn't it be better to rotate between my four favorite dresses wearing each one about 12 times a year to church instead of having twenty that are ok and wearing them only twice a year?  I think so. But at the same time it is hard to get rid of perfectly good clothing that has nothing wrong with it. 

I also love thrift shopping.  So in order for me to continue to buy things for a great deal I need to be sure that I am getting rid of things as well.  

I found matching skirts with suspenders at the thrift store last week.  I thought it was crazy that they had four!  It seemed perfect for my girls.  Calista is the only one that would wear the suspenders though.  I think they were a little too short for Penelope and Scarlett and little too big for Beatrix.  

I had to jump in there with one of my favorite dresses on, it almost matches.  But seriously, this is one of my favorite dresses but I have only worn it like three of four times before because I felt like I needed to rotate it between so many different clothing items.
I decided instead of choosing what to get rid of it is a little easier for me to just pick my favorites and box up the rest.  I have another big pile of clothes that I like but really probably won't need/wear.  So they are in a box in my closet.  I'll see how I feel about them in a few months.

1 comment:

Lorraine Butler said...

I can relate with the dilemma. And I also love the idea of a capsule wardrobe. I’m more of a “uniform” person. Having a tiny closet and no other storage space is definitely helpful in keeping the numbers under control. I also have a one-in-one-out policy.