Sunday, October 25, 2020

Update

We have been busy getting ready for Halloween.  Penelope and I had some time so we did a practice hair day.  Any guesses as to who she is dressing up as?
I just have one more costume to finish and we will be ready.  I sewed a dress for Calista, and Beatrix's costume is the one I need to finish.  The older kids and I mostly did their costumes with what we could find around the house.  By the time we knew trick-or-treating was going to happen here we didn't have much time to order things online.  We did have lots of time to make Halloween sugar cookies.  

Calista and Beatrix had a lot of fun "Making a cake," or rather, eating the powder straight from the box.  I could hear them happily coughing in the pantry.  Beatrix was so mad when I took her away and put her straight into the shower room.   

Calista and Beatrix have both been needing a lot of snuggle time with Mom lately.  I'm not complaining.  I love how these girls always want to be on my lap and get hugs.
They sure do get into a lot of trouble though.
Calista and Beatrix did a virtual audition the other day.  We were sent the clothes in the mail and then the girls need to wear them and next week we will mail the clothes back.  We normally don't do auditions because it just isn't worth the trip to Tokyo for me.  But for this job when I told them we wouldn't come out for the audition they said they would send the clothes instead.  I have no idea if they will get the job or not, but I thought their videos were cute.



Scarlett and Leon usually walk home form the bus stop alone but one day I had time so I walked over to meet them.  They've been asking me to hide and surprise them, but I was the one who ended up surprised.  The bus drops them off at the edge of our neighborhood on kind of a busy street.  They do not need to cross the road but just turn into our neighborhood and walk home.  Instead I found them trying to sit on the barrier poles on the corner of the neighborhood and the busy road.  The ones that are about waist high, right on the edge of the road so cars can't accidentally drive onto the sidewalk.  I was surprised and glad that I came to tell them to never do that again.  They even were falling off and laughing.  I think they are lucky they weren't been hit by a car.  They also showed me how they like to run and try to touch a tree branch.


Thats pretty much it around here.  I also gave a talk at our virtual stake conference.  It was scary but I'm glad it was virtual and also that it is now over.


No comments: