Sunday, August 14, 2022

35th Birthday

I'm 35 years old!  Wahoo!  One year older and one year bolder.  
I definitely have had a lot of personal growth these past couple of years.  I've explored a lot about being myself and who I really want to be verses societal expectations.  I've been questioning many of my own decisions and wonder if I'm making them because I truly want to and think it is best or am I doing it because it is what is expected of me.  I think it is good to periodically take a look at your life and see how things are aligning with your values.  One of those things is bleaching my hair.  Not that I'm expected to do it, but I'm getting a little tired of it.  So I thought I would go bold for a couple months before I go to my natural color.
My birthday was fun.  It was Saturday so I got to sleep in.  Then I went on a jog in some extremely hot and humid weather.  It then started down-pouring.  It so rarely ever rains on my birthday, so that was a change.  That afternoon it cleared up and we met some friends and played kickball and then ate dinner at the food court on base.  It was honestly too hot to play but they were so sweet to come out and try anyway.  We had a good time.
After that we headed home and I opened presents and had cake with the kids.  The stop motion video from Penelope and Tucker was my favorite.  Leon also make me one that was really cute but he doesn't want me to post it.  I attached Penelope's video below.  Tucker did the ending part, he got a bit off track and I'm not sure where Spiderman comes into play but I love the effort they made.  Scarlett painted a picture for me.  I really do love their homemade gifts.

That night we watched Nacho Libre and I almost died laughing.  That movie is hilarious!

No comments: