Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

We had a few days off work for Thanksgiving and drove over to Pocatello to visit family.  I've missed these family holidays while in Japan so I was eager to go.
Two of my brothers and one of my sisters were there and their families so there were lots of cousins to spend time with.  Somehow all the adults were squished onto one small table and the kids had all the room in the world.  
I love my kids getting to spend time with their cousins.
I didn't really take picture so most of these are stolen from Mary-Anne (thank you).  I really need to get back into taking pictures and videos.
We did a lot that weekend.  Joshua planned a exercise challenge where we did everything from jump roping, lifting heavy weights and a 4 mile run to the temple and back.  I will say that was one of my hardest four miles runs ever.  It was snowy and freezing and the roads were covered in slush so my feet were soaked.  There were huge wet snowflakes coming down on my face the whole time and on top of that they live up a mile long hill. It was rough.  Many of the kids beat me including, Tucker, Leon, and Penelope.

We did a little black Friday shopping, nothing serious just wanted to be part of the fun.  We had a pizza and movie night where we watched Home Alone.  The kids even put on a play planned by Hannah.  It was so cute.

They had some snow and got about a foot while we were there.  So the kids were especially loving that.  They built a snowman and had a snowball fight.

We mostly just hung out and spent time together.  It was great.  By the end of it a few of us had soar throats, including me. 

On the way home Bob and I decided to leave after dinner and drive the 12 hours through the night.  I really liked it.  There was absolutely no traffic.  Like pretty much no cars on the road after midnight.  The kids slept most of the time so...yeah, that speaks for itself.  We didn't' have to stop for food or bathroom breaks.  We got home about 5am and were able to go straight to bed for a few hours.  The only hiccup was that the freeway was shut down and we had to wait at a subway for about an hour and a half.  That was annoying but it really could have happened at any time of the day.
I am grateful for family!


No comments: